The TODAY Show’s Real Estate expert, Barbara Corcoran, has 5 great tips for getting homes SOLD. The 5th tip is to “Wage War Online” by using Professional Real Estate Photography to market a home for sale.
VIEW THE VIDEO HERE: 5 Smart Ways To Sell Your Home by Barbara Corcoran
Photography is the key component of today’s dominant listing medium – the Internet
The Internet is dominant, with 87% of all homebuyers and 94% of buyers aged 25 to 44 years using the Internet to search for homes.1The Internet allows realtors to present an unlimited number of photographs to help homebuyers buy a home. To take advantage of this powerful medium, it is critical that your listing’s photography stands-out among the many other properties for sale.
Research shows that homes marketed with professional photography:2
- are perceived to have a 12.9% higher value
- are likely to sell 3x faster in a standard listing period than homes without quality photography
- are 7x as likely to be visited by prospective home buyers
High quality photography can have a ripple effect through a home’s listing cycle:
- In a buyer’s search results, the small thumbnail image must catch the potential buyers eye by appearing vibrant and have no visual distractions, like wasted space. If the thumbnail stands out, then MORE buyers will click through to the listing page.
- Once on a home’s listing page, a buyer needs to get a good feel for the home, this happens more powerfully with pictures than written descriptions of the property. Multiple, well composed, brightly lit and professionally edited photos portray the space of each room and capture the buyer’s imagination, helping them “see themselves” in this home. Having the option to click-through to a virtual tour — where an unlimited number of photos can be viewed in more detail — this only adds to a buyer’s ability to experience the home. When buyers get a good feel for the home through high quality photography, MORE buyers will be inclined to contact the listing agent about the property or ask their buying agent to schedule an inspection.
- MORE inquiries and MORE inspections create MORE opportunities to sell a home, and in fewer days on the market – freeing-up a listing agent to take-on MORE listings.